Zinc (Zn) and Copper (Cu) are essential trace elements in plant, animal and human nutrition. They are two trace minerals essential for important biochemical functions and necessary for maintaining health throughout life.
Zinc is required for the structural integrity and/or catalysis in more than 200 enzymes, the majority of which are zinc metalloenzymes involved in nucleic acid and protein synthesis.
In young chicks, signs of zinc deficiency include retarded growth, shortening and thickening of leg bones and enlargement of the hock joint, scaling of the skin (especially on the feet), very poor feathering, loss of appetite, and in severe cases, mortality. While zinc deficiency can reduce egg production in aging hens, the most striking effects are seen in developing embryos.
Copper can play a strategic role in poultry health and growth. It can serve to reduce disease challenges and boost immune function. Copper deficiency in birds can lead to rupture of the aorta. Copper also plays an important role in a number of enzyme functions in the birds.
AveBrass is a supplementary compound feed for poultry and pigs. The product is used when a supplement to copper and zinc minerals is required.
The product is based on a blend of equal parts of AveCopp and AveZinc.
- Improve growth performance
- Reducing stress effects and Antioxidant effects
- Improve carcass and meat quality
- Hens immune response
- Healing skin and wound
- Improve hormone production
- Improve fertility and egg quality
- AveBrass is used when a supplement to copper and zinc minerals is required.
- Depending on the need, dosages of 100 -200 ml AveBrass per 1000 litres drinking water are given.